[Paraview] Distorted Images in Paraview

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Sun Mar 21 15:25:25 EDT 2010

Hello!

I am again having bad results in ParaView with my custom VTK filters
(you might notice that this is not the first time). I just don't know
what the problem is. Again, the filter works perfectly in VTK-only, but
in ParaView my result image has some serious errors (always, no
switching behaviour this time...).
I have attached three images. The first one shows the original, the
second shows the result in vtk-only (removal of small objects), the
third shows the exact same filter compiled as a ParaView plugin.

I have already spent a lot of time looking at examples and reading
matching chapters in the VTK Users Guide, I just do not see what I am
doing wrong. In my code, I use recursion to traverse through connected
components and pass on scalar pointers, is that a problem?? At least
some more basic filter doesn't produce errors. Or maybe I mistype
something? Am I breaking important rules? Is my coding style
intrinsically error prone?

I'd really appreciate if somebody could look into this. I also attached
the very well documented code.

Best regards,
Christian