[Paraview] Input Editor - Cramped Input Port Selection

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 12:08:39 EDT 2010

Then I was right : I was not clear enough!

First, I talked about the current panel, not your mockup. I agree with
those who enthousiastic.
Second, the problem I noted on the multiple-input-port panel is that
the input are not ordered by index, but by name. Changing "Source"
to "ArbirtraySource" in the filters.xml for streamer with custom source
will change the order the inputs appear. Well, I know, if the name are
well-chosen, it is not a problem.

Now, let's take this pipeline:

builtin

   |---Wavelet
   |        |
   |    Gradient
   |
   | --- PointSource

If you want to initialize a stream tracer in the Gradient at each point
of PointSource, you have to select Gradient, then choose filter ->
Stream tracer with custom source. The inputs panel is shown, with
the Input field being already set to the selected 'Gradient'. What you
have to do is to set the Source to PointSource from the pipeline. Well...
Attached is a screenshot of this procedure, but Source is named
ArbitrarySource. The Gradient is set as ArbitrarySource, and Input field
is not set.

I hope I am clearer now!

Jerome