[Paraview] Development Install Tree

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Mon Mar 15 14:00:22 EDT 2010

Hey Utkarsh,

That looks great -- thanks for updating it!

Some small question regarding the Compiling on the Mac section:

Do we really need the suggestion of VTK_USE_CARBON=ON any more now that Qt 4.6 supports Cocoa just fine? (There could be a note saying that it should automatically detect your Qt setting, but maybe it's still needed...)

Also, maybe the note about VTK_USE_RPATH=ON could be moved up to the Description of the build flag (since now it's a little deceptive -- I, at least, have had trouble building on the Mac with that flag OFF, and as written, if you don't read down the rest of the page, it seems to suggest it's possible or even advised).

Then, if these are moved, that section could just be removed.

If you think these changes would be okay, I can make them, I just wanted to check with you first.

Thanks,
-Eric

P.S. It may be nice to link to this page, too, from the Packaging section of Writing_Custom_Applications since the PARAVIEW_EXTRA_INSTALL_RULES_FILE stuff isn't covered there... (or, just copy and paste that little bit over to the branding page)

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group