[Paraview] Cropping 2D patterns

Daniele Avitabile d.avitabile at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 03:57:40 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have to produce figures of a rather large number of patterns on a square.
At the moment I load .vtk files into a 2D View. When I save the screenshots
in .png, though, the patterns are embedded in their background color.

Is there any way to make sure that the pattern is cropped, so that in the
final .png file does not contain the background?

As of now, I can only think of "Zoom to box", but I would try something else
if possible, given that:

1) there are really a lot of patterns to draw
2) Zoom to box is not accurate (unless I am able somehow to specify the box
coordinates numerically)
3) Zoom to box seems to fit (and eventually distort) the pattern to the
current window, which may be not square.

Best.
Daniele