[Paraview] CoProcessing question

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Jul 28 11:02:38 EDT 2010

I'm experimenting with the coProcessing library. It's very nice. Well done you guys.

Question : I have a Fortran code generating a slab of data (volume, actually a rectilinear grid, but for now I'll be happy with a volume).

I can send the data into the adaptor and generate datasets, all is well. On a single process all seems to be normal, but before I start on lots of cores .....

The data is divided among processes such that I need to worry about whole extents, and piece extents.

Can I export individual image data (rectilinear grid) pieces from each process, set the extent locally and let the usual paraview pipeline handle it. Normally (in a reader) I'd be getting piece numbers and all that and I'm not sure if this will be transparent or not.

The Phasta (I think) example, uses a multiblcok structure, which I'd prefer to avoid. a Multipiece dataset is fine...is there a volume example anywhere?

Thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch