[Paraview] defining new reader

A M arsham at uga.edu
Tue Jul 27 19:49:13 EDT 2010

Hi everyone

this is most probably a very simple question for a lot of you, so I would
appreciate some guideline:
I would like to define a new reader for paraview so I can read a file
extension that I think paraview can't currently read. what are some
guidelines to do this. I have a module that can read the file extension how
can I incorporate it in to paraview and then how can I make the view port to
show it? I am trying to make the paraview read the nii file extension. I am
using C++ as a programming language here. any help is really appreciated.

Kind Regards
~S at m