[Paraview] Using ParaView with 3D TV

Martin Krüger martin.krueger at kit.edu
Fri Jul 23 07:18:17 EDT 2010

Hey there,

did anybody ever try to use ParaView with one of these newly available 3D Televisions?

I use ParaView's stereo mode to visualize 3D heart models on 2009 iMac.
I was wondering if it wouldn't be a cheap way for full-color stereo mode to just buy a 3D TV and hook it up to a computer (not necessarily a Mac) which has ParaView running in stereo mode.

So my questions can be broken down to a few shorter questions:
 1. Do you think that is possible?
 2. Does anyone have an idea how I need to connect the computer and the 3D TV?
 3. Do I need HDMI connection or can I just pass the VGA signal?
 4. Which ParaView stereo-mode do I need to use?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best,
 Martin

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Institute of Biomedical Engineering

Dipl.-Ing. Martin W. Krueger
Scientific Staff

eMail: martin.krueger at kit.edu
web:    http://www.ibt.kit.edu/krueger.php

KIT - University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and National Laboratory of the Helmholtz Association