[Paraview] Time-series of raw files

luc Renambot renambot at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 00:11:52 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to load a time series of raw files into Paraview (v.3.8.0 on MacOS). It's from the HURRICANE_ISABEL dataset (on Teragrid, and IEEE Vis04 dataset).
The loader seems to understand that's a series (it shows all the files grouped into one).

But once loaded, I don't seem to get any time steps (the inspector doesn't show any). If I create an iso-surface with the dataset and hit play, I get no animation.
I tried to play with the "file prefix" and "file pattern" string without difference (it loads fine, but not time series).

If I load individual time steps, everything is fine.

Do I have to create a XDMF file to describe the time series, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

...Luc...

Luc Renambot
leluc at mac.com                      Electronic Visualization Lab (M/C 152)
EVL Phone (312) 996-3002    University of Illinois at Chicago
EVL FAX   (312) 413-7585      851 S. Morgan St. Room 1120 SEO
http://www.evl.uic.edu/luc        Chicago, IL 60607-7053