[Paraview] No interpolation of colors possible (table-to-points result)

Sven Boese sven-boese at gmx.de
Wed Jul 21 19:00:25 EDT 2010

  Hi,

I'm quite new to Paraview and have an urgent problem. I employed the
help that was/is available to me - meaning
http://paraview.org/OnlineHelpCurrent/ - but couldn't solve the problem
until now. Actually, I don't consider my problem to be really
complicated, it might well be that the solution is one mouse-click away.

APPROACH
-->  a dataset (CSV-file) of a three dimensional tomography was imported
into Paraview
-->  'table to points'-filter was performed, using the x-,y- and
z-values (latter are negative) of my dataset (first three columns)
-->  'colour by...': the fourth data column with the resistivity values
was chosen
-|-> finally I wanted the colors to be interpolated between the points.

PROBLEM: I can't perform the color interpolation.

In the wiki there's a small picture showing the color section with the
option 'color by...'. Above this dropdown-list you can see 'interpolate
colors"
being activated.

http://paraview.org/OnlineHelpCurrent/Display.html

In my case, there is no such thing, instead the option ist named
'interpolate scalars'. In addition to that, in my display there's a
second (smaller and empty) dropdown-list next to 'color by...' and an
option called 'apply texture: none' (grey).

Many thanks in advance if you can help me! (unfortunately I can only
answer tomorrow and then not until next monday, 26th July)

Sven Boese
University of Bayreuth
Department of Geology