[Paraview] How to do volume rendering of image data?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Jul 21 11:49:31 EDT 2010

Oh, I see now.  I don't think this approach is going to work either.  First of all, ParaView ignores the LOOKUP_TABLE defined in VTK file.  It is an old feature that is rarely used anymore (the more recent VTK files don't support it), and it conflicts with ParaView's management of lookup tables.  Even if ParaView accepted it, it would probably cause serious problems.  The VTK classes are not prepared for lookup tables with this many values and are liable to fail in rather interesting ways.

-Ken