[Paraview] How to do volume rendering of image data?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Sat Jul 17 09:18:56 EDT 2010

Steve,

Try this:
* Create Wavelet source
* Hit Apply
* Then choose "Volume" from the representation combo.

That's an example of volume rendering of image data.

How let's see what's missing with your data so that it cannot be
volume rendered.
Look at the information tab. Do you see any single component
point-scalars? Mostly not. ParaView only supports volume rendering of
image data with single component point scalars.

Utkarsh