[Paraview] streams from CSV table

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Jul 12 09:36:08 EDT 2010

The issue is that ParaView regards your data as a bunch of points in empty space.  When the stream tracer looks at the empty space, it sees no field and terminates the streamline.

To see streamlines, you need a topology that interpolates field values around the points.  The easiest way to do that is to apply the Delaunay 3D filter to your data (or the Delaunay 2D if your points are on a plane).

-Ken