[Paraview] Paraview [3.8.0] goes into infinite loop on using pointSprite with Sphere

Madhura Phadke madhura.np at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 10:13:58 EDT 2010

*Paraview Version:* 3.8.0
*Plugin*: pointSprite plugin
*OS:* Windows 7, 32 bit.

I recently started using paraview, and whenever I try to use PointSprite
plugin with Sphere mode [I use a point source with 500 points, and change
point sprite mode to 'Sphere'] , I get the error "In
..\..\..\src\VTK\Rendering\vtkShaderProgram2.cxx, line 450 vtkShaderProgram2
(0BF67D38): a shader failed to compile".
The error log that got generated can be viewed from
http://cid-bf4825315fd31e46.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=BF4825315FD31E46!151&Bpub=SDX.Docs&Bsrc=GetSharingLink
.

I found a similar issue in the September 2009 mailing list archive [
http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2009-September/013883.html].
However,
it was pointed that the bug has been fixed in version 3.8, the version I am
using.

It would be great help if someone could point out if I am doing anything
wrong, or if its an issue, how I could fix this.

Thanks,
Madhura Phadke