[Paraview] Plot field data over time?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Jul 9 16:49:20 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to understand the Plot Global Variables Over Time filter. I have an unstructured grid with multiple time steps I'm reading in to ParaView from a temporal collection in an Xdmf file. With each time step I have a "Grid centered" value that's getting read in properly as Field Data.

It sounded from the (?) button help file that Plot Global Variables Over Time should allow me to plot this Field Data over time, but when I run it I only get Time and vtkValidPointMask in the resulting Row Data.

Am I misunderstanding the use/point of this filter?

Thanks,
-Eric