[Paraview] What are the 3.8.0 ParaView Development Installation packages?

Paul McIntosh paul.mcintosh at internetscooter.com
Mon Jul 5 19:35:10 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am wondering what the 3.8.0 ParaView Development Installation packages are
on the website?
http://www.paraview.org/paraview/resources/software.html

I would have thought the development version should be 3.9.0. When I build
from source I get 3.9.0 and therefore the 3.8.0 "dev" prebuilt binaries are
not compatable.

I tracked down a Windows prebuilt 3.9.0 dev version here:
http://www.paraview.org/files/v3.9/ and that works with a "build from
source" back-end. So I am wondering if there are plans for other flavours.

The reason I ask is that I would like users to be able to download the
"bleeding edge" version easily to be able see if issues they have in 3.8.0
are resolved in the next release (and possibly start using that instead).

Cheers,

Paul
---
www.internetscooter.com