[Paraview] Fail to build pqApplicationComponents in ParaView3.8.0 on Windows764bit MSVC2010

Dr. X xunlei at renci.org
Fri Jul 2 12:21:27 EDT 2010

Hi Robert,
After a couple of hundreds of mouse clicks to reload the externally
modified projects in MSVC2010, I got paraview.exe finally in my
build/bin/Debug directory. Now I still have 7 failed projects. The
errors are listed below.
======================
Error    1    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn referenced in function "public:
bool __cdecl std::_Tree_const_iterator<class std::_Tree_val<class
std::_Tmap_traits<class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,class
PyVTKSpecialType,struct std::less<class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > >,class
std::allocator<struct std::pair<class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const ,class
PyVTKSpecialType> >,0> > >::operator==(class
std::_Tree_const_iterator<class std::_Tree_val<class
std::_Tmap_traits<class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,class
PyVTKSpecialType,struct std::less<class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > >,class
std::allocator<struct std::pair<class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const ,class
PyVTKSpecialType> >,0> > > const &)const "
(??8?$_Tree_const_iterator at V?$_Tree_val at V?$_Tmap_traits at V?$basic_string at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@V?$allocator at D@2@@std@@VPyVTKSpecialType@@U?$less at V?$basic_string at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@V?$allocator at D@2@@std@@@2 at V?$allocator at U?$pair@$$CBV?$basic_string at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@V?$allocator at D@2@@std@@VPyVTKSpecialType@@@std@@@2@$0A@@std@@@std@@@std@@QEBA_NAEBV01@@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\VTK\Wrapping\Python\vtkPythonUtil.obj    vtkPythonCore
Error    2    error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
C:\ParaViewGIT\bin\Debug\vtkPythonCore.dll    vtkPythonCore
Error    3    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn referenced in function "public:
class std::_Vector_const_iterator<class std::_Vector_val<struct
vtkPythonMessage,class std::allocator<struct vtkPythonMessage> > > &
__cdecl std::_Vector_const_iterator<class std::_Vector_val<struct
vtkPythonMessage,class std::allocator<struct vtkPythonMessage> >
 >::operator++(void)"
(??E?$_Vector_const_iterator at V?$_Vector_val at UvtkPythonMessage@@V?$allocator at UvtkPythonMessage@@@std@@@std@@@std@@QEAAAEAV01 at XZ)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Utilities\VTKPythonWrapping\Executable\vtkPVPythonInterpretor.obj
vtkPVPythonInterpretor
Error    4    error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
C:\ParaViewGIT\bin\Debug\vtkPVPythonInterpretor.dll
vtkPVPythonInterpretor
Error    23    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual int __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::IsA(char const *)"
(__imp_?IsA at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAHPEBD at Z) referenced in function "struct
_object * __cdecl PyvtkACosmoReader_IsA(struct _object *,struct _object
*)" (?PyvtkACosmoReader_IsA@@YAPEAU_object@@PEAU1 at 0@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReaderPython.obj
AdaptivePluginPythonD
Error    24    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: class vtkACosmoReader * __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::NewInstance(void)const "
(__imp_?NewInstance at vtkACosmoReader@@QEBAPEAV1 at XZ) referenced in
function "struct _object * __cdecl PyvtkACosmoReader_NewInstance(struct
_object *,struct _object *)"
(?PyvtkACosmoReader_NewInstance@@YAPEAU_object@@PEAU1 at 0@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReaderPython.obj
AdaptivePluginPythonD
Error    25    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkACosmoReader * __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::SafeDownCast(class vtkObjectBase *)"
(__imp_?SafeDownCast at vtkACosmoReader@@SAPEAV1 at PEAVvtkObjectBase@@@Z)
referenced in function "struct _object * __cdecl
PyvtkACosmoReader_SafeDownCast(struct _object *,struct _object *)"
(?PyvtkACosmoReader_SafeDownCast@@YAPEAU_object@@PEAU1 at 0@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReaderPython.obj
AdaptivePluginPythonD
Error    26    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual void __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::SetFileName(char const *)"
(__imp_?SetFileName at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAXPEBD at Z) referenced in function
"struct _object * __cdecl PyvtkACosmoReader_SetFileName(struct _object
*,struct _object *)"
(?PyvtkACosmoReader_SetFileName@@YAPEAU_object@@PEAU1 at 0@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReaderPython.obj
AdaptivePluginPythonD
Error    27    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual char * __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::GetFileName(void)"
(__imp_?GetFileName at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAPEADXZ) referenced in function
"struct _object * __cdecl PyvtkACosmoReader_GetFileName(struct _object
*,struct _object *)"
(?PyvtkACosmoReader_GetFileName@@YAPEAU_object@@PEAU1 at 0@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReaderPython.obj
AdaptivePluginPythonD
Error    28    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual void __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::SetBoxSize(double)"
(__imp_?SetBoxSize at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAXN at Z) referenced in function
"struct _object * __cdecl PyvtkACosmoReader_SetBoxSize(struct _object
*,struct _object *)"
(?PyvtkACosmoReader_SetBoxSize@@YAPEAU_object@@PEAU1 at 0@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReaderPython.obj
AdaptivePluginPythonD
Error    29    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual double __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::GetBoxSize(void)"
(__imp_?GetBoxSize at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAANXZ) referenced in function
"struct _object * __cdecl PyvtkACosmoReader_GetBoxSize(struct _object
*,struct _object *)"
(?PyvtkACosmoReader_GetBoxSize@@YAPEAU_object@@PEAU1 at 0@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReaderPython.obj
AdaptivePluginPythonD
Error    30    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual void __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::SetByteOrder(int)"
(__imp_?SetByteOrder at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAXH at Z) referenced in function
"struct _object * __cdecl PyvtkACosmoReader_SetByteOrder(struct _object
*,struct _object *)"
(?PyvtkACosmoReader_SetByteOrder@@YAPEAU_object@@PEAU1 at 0@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReaderPython.obj
AdaptivePluginPythonD
Error    31    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual int __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::GetByteOrder(void)"
(__imp_?GetByteOrder at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAHXZ) referenced in function
"struct _object * __cdecl PyvtkACosmoReader_GetByteOrder(struct _object
*,struct _object *)"
(?PyvtkACosmoReader_GetByteOrder@@YAPEAU_object@@PEAU1 at 0@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReaderPython.obj
AdaptivePluginPythonD
Error    32    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual void __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::SetTagSize(int)"
(__imp_?SetTagSize at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAXH at Z) referenced in function
"struct _object * __cdecl PyvtkACosmoReader_SetTagSize(struct _object
*,struct _object *)"
(?PyvtkACosmoReader_SetTagSize@@YAPEAU_object@@PEAU1 at 0@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReaderPython.obj
AdaptivePluginPythonD
Error    33    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual int __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::GetTagSize(void)"
(__imp_?GetTagSize at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAHXZ) referenced in function
"struct _object * __cdecl PyvtkACosmoReader_GetTagSize(struct _object
*,struct _object *)"
(?PyvtkACosmoReader_GetTagSize@@YAPEAU_object@@PEAU1 at 0@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReaderPython.obj
AdaptivePluginPythonD
Error    20    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: class vtkACosmoReader * __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::NewInstance(void)const "
(__imp_?NewInstance at vtkACosmoReader@@QEBAPEAV1 at XZ) referenced in
function "int __cdecl vtkACosmoReaderCommand(class
vtkClientServerInterpreter *,class vtkObjectBase *,char const *,class
vtkClientServerStream const &,class vtkClientServerStream &)"
(?vtkACosmoReaderCommand@@YAHPEAVvtkClientServerInterpreter@@PEAVvtkObjectBase@@PEBDAEBVvtkClientServerStream@@AEAV3@@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReaderClientServer.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    21    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkACosmoReader * __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::SafeDownCast(class vtkObjectBase *)"
(__imp_?SafeDownCast at vtkACosmoReader@@SAPEAV1 at PEAVvtkObjectBase@@@Z)
referenced in function "int __cdecl vtkACosmoReaderCommand(class
vtkClientServerInterpreter *,class vtkObjectBase *,char const *,class
vtkClientServerStream const &,class vtkClientServerStream &)"
(?vtkACosmoReaderCommand@@YAHPEAVvtkClientServerInterpreter@@PEAVvtkObjectBase@@PEBDAEBVvtkClientServerStream@@AEAV3@@Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReaderClientServer.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    8    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private:
virtual char const * __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::GetClassNameInternal(void)const "
(?GetClassNameInternal at vtkACosmoReader@@EEBAPEBDXZ)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReader.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    9    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual
int __cdecl vtkACosmoReader::IsA(char const *)"
(?IsA at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAHPEBD at Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReader.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    10    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected:
virtual class vtkObjectBase * __cdecl
vtkACosmoReader::NewInstanceInternal(void)const "
(?NewInstanceInternal at vtkACosmoReader@@MEBAPEAVvtkObjectBase@@XZ)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReader.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    11    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual void __cdecl vtkACosmoReader::SetFileName(char const *)"
(?SetFileName at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAXPEBD at Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReader.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    12    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual char * __cdecl vtkACosmoReader::GetFileName(void)"
(?GetFileName at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAPEADXZ)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReader.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    13    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual void __cdecl vtkACosmoReader::SetBoxSize(double)"
(?SetBoxSize at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAXN at Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReader.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    14    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual double __cdecl vtkACosmoReader::GetBoxSize(void)"
(?GetBoxSize at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAANXZ)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReader.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    15    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual void __cdecl vtkACosmoReader::SetByteOrder(int)"
(?SetByteOrder at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAXH at Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReader.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    16    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual int __cdecl vtkACosmoReader::GetByteOrder(void)"
(?GetByteOrder at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAHXZ)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReader.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    17    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual void __cdecl vtkACosmoReader::SetTagSize(int)"
(?SetTagSize at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAXH at Z)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReader.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    18    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
virtual int __cdecl vtkACosmoReader::GetTagSize(void)"
(?GetTagSize at vtkACosmoReader@@UEAAHXZ)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReader.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    19    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) const vtkACosmoReader::`vftable'"
(__imp_??_7vtkACosmoReader@@6B@) referenced in function "protected:
__cdecl vtkACosmoReader::vtkACosmoReader(void)"
(??0vtkACosmoReader@@IEAA at XZ)
C:\ParaViewGIT\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\Plugin\vtkACosmoReader.obj
AdaptivePlugin
Error    5    error C3861: 'mkdir': identifier not found
C:\ParaViewSrc\Applications\AdaptiveParaView\ppRawStridedReader2.cxx
113    ppRawStridedReader2
Error    6    error LNK1104: cannot open file 'python26_d.lib'
C:\ParaViewGIT\Utilities\Xdmf2\libsrc\LINK    _Xdmf
Error    37    error : cmake execution failed
C:\ParaViewGIT\Examples\CUSTOMBUILD    ParaViewExamplesTarget
Error    38    error : The source
"C:/ParaViewSrc/Examples/CMakeLists.txt" does not match the source
"D:/ParaView/Examples/CMakeLists.txt" used to generate cache.  Re-run
cmake with a different source directory.
C:\ParaViewGIT\Examples\CUSTOMBUILD    ParaViewExamplesTarget
Error    34    error LNK1120: 11 unresolved externals
C:\ParaViewGIT\bin\Debug\AdaptivePluginPythonD.dll    AdaptivePluginPythonD
Error    22    error LNK1120: 14 unresolved externals
C:\ParaViewGIT\bin\Debug\AdaptivePlugin.dll    AdaptivePlugin
Any hint? Thanks so much.

Best,