[Paraview] [*] Re: Visualizations works converted to python code

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Jul 2 10:00:20 EDT 2010

Hey Rhushabh,

Offhand I don't see a way to load exported color maps (lookup tables) through python, but it's not difficult to just create what you want in the script. Either use the python Trace functionality while you create a new lookup table by hand, and then "Show Trace" to see how they're constructed using GetLookupTableForArray, or use "Trace State" with some elements colored to see all of the options for this method.

I think you won't have any choice but to explicitly adjust your lookup tables to compensate for any shifts in your range of image values. Also, I don't think there is a way to specify lookup tables in ParaView that have opacity less than 1.0. In volume rendering it's possible, and if you texture polygons with images that have transparent regions ParaView will display it properly, but the lookup table creation for non-volume-rendering doesn't allow you to specify opacity values.

-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group