[Paraview] What happen to OverView application ?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Jul 2 08:30:48 EDT 2010

Currently, the informatics folks at Sandia and Kitware are focusing on
developing
functionality in VTK and Titan (http://titan.sandia.gov/). Our target
delivery platforms
vary from custom desktop applications (Qt, Titan and VTK) to web
applications. In
fact, we have a tutorial in IEEE VisWeek where one of the session will focus
on
developing such applications. We  are not focusing on a general purpose
end-user
application because of this. We have  longer term goal of bringing more
infovis functionality
into ParaView. I don't expect that  the OverView application will continue
to exist in its
current form.

Please let us know what kind of infovis functionality you would like to see
in ParaView.
We'll do our best to integrate them soon.

-berk