[Paraview] Reader did not create output

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 11:37:18 EST 2010

> I suspect that this will be something like mismatching symbols between
> libraries because something is not recompiled or some write beyond
> array bounds. I can't imaging what else it could be.
>
> -berk

Ah, I found it. I have a separate build of VTK - my project grabbed it
and was using it for VTK_DIR:

 ParaView_DIR                     /home/doriad/bin/ParaView3
 VTK_DIR                          /home/doriad/bin/VTK

I changed it to this:
 ParaView_DIR                     /home/doriad/bin/ParaView3
 VTK_DIR                          /home/doriad/bin/ParaView3/VTK

and then the plugin worked. Could the cmake be changed somehow so
VTK_DIR be set automatically to .../ParaView3/VTK? It seems like it
doesn't really make sense for it to be referencing an outside build
AND the internal Paraview VTK, so does it ever make sense to set
VTK_DIR to the non-paraview vtk?

Thanks for your help - even thought it was a stupid problem I still
learned something along the way :)

David