[Paraview] tube filter, surfaces aren't closed?

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:22:42 EST 2010

Hi Ken,

You are correct. when VTK creates an OSMesa context is requests the
default. OSMesa's default depth buffer is 16 bits, and that is the
source of the problem. Explicitly requesting a 32 bit depth buffer
solves the problems with the artifacts and the compositing. See the
attached patch. Thanks to tom fogal for suggesting this during our
conversation on the mesa-users mail list.

ParaView should probably default to a 32 bit depth buffer. I have just
sent this to the vtk-dev list as well, since it looks like more of a VTK
issue.

Burlen