[Paraview] VTK_Edge for LIC

Adriano Gagliardi agagliardi at ara.co.uk
Thu Jan 28 04:37:44 EST 2010

Zhanping,

Will the options to modify the density, thickness, and colour of the
streaklines be available to the user? It is definitely a good tool, but
sometimes we find it better to visualise using the standard streamtracer as
we can modify their appearance for clarity.

-Bastil: If you use extract surface, you'll need to make sure you have a
shear stress vector available on the surface (or create one before-hand),
assuming you are doing aero flows. However, if you use extract block on the
surfaces within the ensight volume data, you should be able to use the
velocity vector as input for LIC too (I think it takes the data just off the
surface for visualising, although I'm not sure). It isn't as nice as using
shear stress, but works well enough.

Regards,

Adriano

Adriano Gagliardi MEng PhD