[Paraview] Paraview3.6.2 and Silo

Rakesh Hammond rakesh.hammond at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 27 17:29:51 EST 2010

Hi

I am trying to install PV3.6.2 with the SILO option turned on.  When I try
the Configure in Cmake, it asks me to include the include and header
directories for Silo.

I have configured and installed Silo 4.7.2 and 4.6.2 on my local machine.
When I point to the relevant header and lib in CMake and press g to
generate, I get CMake warnings like the following

 WARNING: Target "vtkPVFilters" requests linking to directory
 "/home/rakesh/libs/silo-4.7.2/install/lib".  Targets may link only to
 libraries.  CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "paraview-real" requests linking to directory
 "/home/rakesh/libs/silo-4.6.2/install/lib".  Targets may link only to
 libraries.  CMake is dropping the item.

I installed silo by simply typing ./confugure --prefix=install_dir, make and
make install.

I am on a 32 bit Ubuntu 9.10 with gcc-4.3.4 and CMake-2.8.0.

Can some one tell me why I am getting these warnings, i have feeling it will
fall over when I try and build PV with the above warnings

Regards,
Rakesh