[Paraview] PV 3.6.2 and VisIt Plugin: crash when loading state with Tecplot files

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Wed Jan 27 03:31:08 EST 2010

Hi Burlen.

Thank you for this answer.
Working with state files (as we do with layout files with the Tecplot
software) is essential when you have big pipelines. Imagine you spend
one hour to build a big CFD pipeline... and you have to rebuild it each
time you want to analyze new data! Really, it would be helpful if you
could fix this problem in a future release. And also, it would be fine
if the state file could save what arrays are selected in the Tecplot
Reader (no array is selected when loading state, but is it a PV problem
or a VisIt problem ?).

The work around with the actual release is to use the "Group datasets"
filter to build a new dataset from the Tecplot readers. At least, it
works with single zone Tecplot files, but I will make other tests with
multi-zone Tecplot files.

PS: I discovered another bug. PV crashes when loading state (with work
around) referencing Tecplot files if the Tecplot files are not found!

Best regards.

--
 Richard GRENON
 ONERA