[Paraview] X Error: BadLength on OpenSUSE11.2

Robert Sawko R.Sawko at cranfield.ac.uk
Tue Jan 26 13:04:02 EST 2010

Dear All,

I was getting acquainted with ParaView features via tutorials but
suddenly my education was interrupted with a X Error. Whilst doing a
tutorial 2.8 from the 3.6 Version of The ParaView Tutorial and upon
clicking Volume Representation I am being propmpted with the following
message:

X Error: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error) 16
  Extension:    135 (Uknown extension)
  Minor opcode: 1 (Unknown request)
  Resource id:  0x5a002cc

And also:
paraview: xcb_io.c:176: process_responses: Assertion `!(req &&
current_request && !(((long) (req->sequence) - (long)
(current_request)) <= 0))' failed.
Aborted

Then ParaView crashes.

I am running  OpenSUSE 11.2 with KDE 4.3.1. My Qt library bears a
number 4.5.3. If anybody encountered similar issued I would earnestly
ask for some assistance.

Many thanks,
Robert