[Paraview] saving plugin defaults

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Jan 25 09:46:00 EST 2010

I've noticed that custom plugin panels now remember their position between paraview sessions. By this I mean that if you dock one to the right/bottom/top etc,  the next time you run, it automatically re-docks itself to the same place.
This is great, thanks for fixing that.

Question : I'd like to save a number of custom dock panel settings so that when paraview is restarted, the panel repopulates itself with the values previously used.

Is there a generic method to do this inside the paraview framework? Do we use the usual Qt ini file mechanisms and just retrieve the master ini file from paraview - or is there some other way?

thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch