[Paraview] Rendering: Paraview only renders portions of the screen when switching between windows

da remywendy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 19:18:37 EST 2010

(Crossposted from vtkusers... Hoping I might get some responses here if
anybody has had similar issues.)

I've had this problem forever now, and can't seem to figure out what's going
on.

When I switch between a different window into my application window, the
QVTKWidget often only draws the overlapped region, with the other region
frozen in place. This also occurs in my compilation of Paraview!

Attached are three images that show how I replicate this problem in
(compiled) Paraview. However, I can't replicate this problem from the
downloaded Paraview binaries on the same machine.

Image 1: starting view.
Image 2: put a window over parts of QVTKWidget
Image 3: close the window, rotating the QVTKWidget with the mouse but only
the overlapped region updates!

I can restore a good image by: resizing the window, clicking on a different
window elsewhere, and sometimes just clicking anywhere outside of the
QVTKWidget but inside Paraview.

This same thing happens in my application's QVTKWidget, I'm guessing this
has to do with my compilation of VTK but I can't figure out what? (vista
64bit)