[Paraview] MultiBlock Dataset Naming Issues

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Jan 19 15:17:36 EST 2010

I am doing the following:

vtkImageData* imageData = ...
// Initialize output with the proper dimensions and other stuff
// Set the Name of the Scalars
imageData->GetPointData()->GetScalars()->SetName(record-
 >getRecordName().c_str());
imageData->GetPointData()->SetActiveScalars(record-
 >getRecordName().c_str());

multiBlock->SetBlock(blockNum, imageData);

The call to record->getRecordName().c_str() will be different for each
block
that is extracted, based on what the user asked for in the GUI. So
what you are
saying is the name of the Scalars must be the same, for each and every
block? Is there a way to tag a Human readable string onto each block
so that it shows up in the GUI? Lookup table or something else?

Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio