[Paraview] ExtractSelection loses selection order

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:37:04 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:31 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I select 3 points and then use the ExtractSelection filter, I would
> expect the IDs of the points to be 0,1,2, in the order selected.
> Instead, they are 2, 0, 1.
>
> Is there any way to prevent this? I am trying to set corresponding
> landmarks, so the order is important, and it is being lost.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Here is a demo of the problem:

http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/Paraview_List/ExtractSelection/

points.vtp contains 10 points, (0-9). I selected points 9, 8, 7, in that
order and extracted the selection. The result (extracted.vtp) has the 3
extracted points (corresponding to 9,8,7) ordered 2, 1, 0, rather than 0, 1,
2, which was the selection order.

Is this a bug or was the ordered never intended to be preserved?

Thanks,

David