[Paraview] How to pick a point and get it in a plugin?

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Sat Jan 16 13:29:09 EST 2010

I would like to use the picking functionnality, ie pick a point of a surface, and get it in my plugin, for instance to compute a streamline.
StreamTracer offers this functionnality but it actually does not work because the pick point is not necessary a point of the dataset, as with the picking functionnality when "select points on" is selected. Thus, in case of a surface, the point does not lie on the surface ad no streamline is computed (I mean with StreamTracer).
So my question is: is it possible to pick a point of a surface with the "select points on" functionnality and get it back in my filter, connected to the SetOrigin(double [3]) function for instance?