[Paraview] Packaging branded binary

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Jan 15 11:11:08 EST 2010

Hey Utkarsh,

We're getting closer... Your new instructions got me past a lot of the problems, but I was still missing the Qt libraries. I copied the "Add install rules..." section from Applications/ParaView/CMakeLists.txt so I would have an example for the install_qt_libs() macro, and it sort of worked, but in my binary package it put all of the Qt libraries in the package root rather than in {package_root}/lib/paraview-3.7/. After I moved the Qt libraries to that spot, all it was missing was libaudio.so.2 (which is a link to libaudio.so.2.4 on my system). If I also copy that to the correct package lib directory it runs on a clean Ubuntu system!

So, if you know how to get the Qt libraries to end up in the correct spot, and how to get libaudio to show up, too, let me know.

Oh, and when I copied the whole "Add install rules" section, cmake complained when it ran into the "Install the .plugins configuration file" section, saying "install FILES given no DESTINATION!". I guess maybe it doesn't know the ${PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR} variable, but I'm not sure if I'll need that, or what to replace it with in my script.

Next I need to see if I can get my plugins to compile and install along with my branded app. As you can tell, I'm not exactly a CMake master! :)

Thanks again for all the help,
-Eric