[Paraview] showing all points of a structured dataset

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 05:52:18 EST 2010

Hi,
the same happens if you want to visualize an vtkImageData as "points" or
"surface". Only the outer topological entities are displayed, because of the
mapper internal functionning. See thread "unstructured grid + tetrahedrons"
in the vtk-users mailing list.

In a nutshell, the outer geometrical entities are considered as vertices by
the mapper. Using a glyph filter before visualization with a 2D glyph
(Vertex type) will attached a topological 0D entity (vertex) to all the
geometrical entities (points). Attached is an example of 12^3 volume with 2
different visualizations: left is the volume fitlered through a glyph filter
with vertex type, right is "Style->Representation->Points".

HTH
Jerome