[Paraview] tube filter, surfaces aren't closed?

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 18:27:31 EST 2010

So you are right these are artifacts not holes. Nasty looking ones at
that. zooming in enough makes the artifacts receded toward the egdes of
the tube. After some experimentation I'm finding that this has something
to do with mesa. It is reproducible only when using mesa. Hardware
rendering works fine, no artifacts.

There also looks to be two things going on, 1) the artifacts, 2)
inconsistent selection of the visible faces on parallel runs.  This is
shown here:
http://nashi-submaster.ucsd.edu/movies/PV/tube-filter-artifact/decomp-8-procs.png

I was using PV on this cluster fine back in dec to make very similar
figures with stream tubes and didn't see any of these issues...

I added the dataset to reproduce to the bug report.