[Paraview] Packaging branded binary

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Thu Jan 14 17:06:13 EST 2010

Hey Utkarsh,

Thanks for the quick response -- that worked perfectly for generating the package.

The problem I'm running into now, on Ubuntu at least (which is probably a generic install/package problem, not specific to the branding) is that the executable can't find the proper libraries. I can run from the {package}/build directory if I make a source package, but that seems to be because it's still finding the libraries in my original ParaView build -- ldd on the executable lists the original library build location, not the new {package}/lib/paraview-3.7 library location. I tried building ParaView with VTK_USE_RPATH turned OFF, too, but that didn't seem to solve it.

Sorry for the ignorance on this part -- I usually just build and run in place rather than doing an "install".

Thanks again,
-Eric