[Paraview] [Bug?] Transform Filter does not transform vectors in point data

Oliver Borm oli.borm at web.de
Wed Jan 13 13:55:43 EST 2010

I just want to pick up the discussion about the transformation of
vectors with the transform filter. As stated in bug 7387, only the
"active" vectors are transformed properly. As I tried from my simple
test case (see attachment), "active" vectors just means the last vector
in the vector list is properly transformed, which is the active one. Is
this correct? That means, when I use the ArrayCalculator or the
ComputeDerivatives Filter, I cannot use the transform filter afterwards,
or I have to transform all the vectors and tensors (except the last one)
by hand with an additional ArrayCalculator for each of these variables.
Furthermore, if I have to animate for example the rotation of the
TransformFilter I will in addition also have to animate the
FunctionalExpression of each of the additional ArrayCalculators in order
to transform the vectors correctly. This is in my opinion very error
prone and a lot of additional work if one has a lot of transform filters
and vectors.

Well maybe not every 3-tuple is a vector, but most of them are (in my
opinion), and transforming just the last vector is a worse idea, than
transforming each 3-tuple. Because nobody knows if the last vector is a
real vector or not. Therefore I want to ask if there is any possibility
to transform all 3-tuples and 9-tuples and not just the last 3-tuple of
the list (till there is some additional magic for the transform filter
available in order to choice, which vectors should be transformed and
which not)?