[Paraview] Setting a string property from list in information_only property

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Jan 13 13:34:16 EST 2010

I have a reader that in RequestInformation loads a list of dimensions (represented by strings) and then requires that the user selects one of these dimensions.  I need the corresponding object inspector panel to show a combo box that gets populated with the list of strings provided by the reader and then set the selected string to the selection property.  I basically want something similar to the existing variable selection except that you are only able to select exactly one of the "variables".

Is there a way to do this?  I tried using an ArraySelectionDomain, but that gave me a list with checkboxes, which is no good because you are only allowed to select one.  I also got a bunch of errors which I think are related to the panel trying to set two elements in a property that only accepts one.  I also tried an ArrayListDomain like below.  This gave a combo box, but it has nothing in it.  Any suggestions?

     <StringVectorProperty name="VariableDimensionInfo"
                            command="GetVariableDimensions"
                            information_only="1">
        <StringArrayHelper />
      </StringVectorProperty>

      <StringVectorProperty name="Dimensions"
                            command="SetDimensions"
                            number_of_elements="1"
                            animatelable="0">
        <ArrayListDomain name="array_list">
          <RequiredProperties>
            <Property name="VariableDimensionInfo" function="ArrayList" />
          </RequiredProperties>
        </ArrayListDomain>
        <Documentation>
          Load the grid with the given dimensions.  Any arrays that conform
          to these dimensions will be loaded.
        </Documentation>
      </StringVectorProperty>

-Ken