[Paraview] Filter pulldown menu grayed out

rasm1 at rasmsys.com rasm1 at rasmsys.com
Tue Jan 12 18:48:32 EST 2010

Switching to Qt 4.6.0 fixed the issue with the grayed-out filter menu.

The application seems to run pretty well.  The only problem I've
noticed is that when I load a saved state, there seems to be a Qt
drawing issue.  The display area is gray when it should display the
output of a contour, and this message is thrown to the Output Messages:
QWidget::repaint: Recursive repaint detected

That's not a show-stopper for me.  I'm happy to have made it this far!

Erik

Quoting Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com>:

> We are going to use Qt 4.6 for the ParaView 3.8 release so I recommend
> that everyone building cvs use that (despite the warning about it not
> being officially supported). Please let us know if you can reproduce
> this with Qt 4.6.
>
> -berk
>
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Eric E. Monson <emonson at cs.duke.edu> wrote:
>> Hey Erik,
>>
>> I recently ran into this problem, too. I was building CVS ParaView
>> for both i386 and x86_64 using Qt 4.5.3 built for both of those
>> architectures, too, and using Cocoa. The problem went away when I
>> switched to Qt 4.6.0 built for only x86_64 (Cocoa) and built
>> ParaView for that architecture, too. I didn't do a systematic
>> series to see which of these changes (single x86_64 arch or Qt
>> 4.6.0 or both) made the difference, but it works now and hopefully
>> will work for you with PV 3.6.2.
>>
>> Talk to you later,
>> -Eric

>> Eric E Monson
>> Duke Visualization Technology Group
>>

>> On Jan 8, 2010, at 9:42 PM, rasm1 at rasmsys.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am testing a build of Paraview 3.6.2  on Mac OS X 10.6 Cocoa.  I
>>> am using Qt 4.5.3, and built for the x86_64 architecture.  After
>>> much trial and error, I got a .app package built, with my own
>>> filters installed in the Plugins folder of the .app.  That was
>>> pretty exciting.
>>>
>>> The app runs, but after the first filter is chosen from the
>>> Filters menu, the Filters menu becomes grayed-out and filters are
>>> no longer accessible.  The first filter always loads and does what
>>> it is supposed to do.  This applies to any Filter, my own or one
>>> from the standard distribution.
>>>
>>> Further, if I delete the items in the pipeline, and load a new
>>> source or from a new reader, the Filters menu continues to be
>>> grayed out.  It basically lets me choose one filter per session.
>>>
>>> Is this me being bone-headed, or has anyone else encountered
>>> something like this?  If I must, I will revert to a build for
>>> Carbon and i386.  Hopefully I've learned enough from the past five
>>> weeks of trial-and-error the downgrade wouldn't be too difficult.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Erik