[Paraview] File->Save Animation bug while connected to pvserver?

Jon Woodring woodring at lanl.gov
Mon Jan 11 12:05:42 EST 2010

Is there a current known bug with Save Animation while connected to a
parallel pvserver in ParaView 3.6.1 and on?

I've seen it in CVS ParaView (in particular on a Mac OSX Snow Leopard),
and a colleague of mine has seen it as well on 3.6.1 (on a Mac XServe
not sure what version, so it might be a Mac problem) such that Save
Animation is saving the same frames, and not updating the output frames
to the subsequent time steps.

The behavior appears that the frame update is intermittent (sometimes a
new frame will be written, but then that one will be repeated for many
frames).  It feels like a race condition such that the frame refresh
hasn't happened when the readback and file write occurs.  Maybe the
parallel composition hasn't completed yet?

I can tell the filters and new time steps are being read and the filters
are running, though, so it's not just the time steps are not being updated.

I haven't tried it on serial/builtin, but according to my colleague,
that works, but it fails on a parallel (which is rendering) backend.

-Jon