[Paraview] Data interpolation in Paraview

Lester Anderson lester_anderson1963 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 11 06:31:47 EST 2010

Hello

A quick query. I have created a structured grid from a series of layers in a data table (Table to StructuredGrid), generating a nice interpolated dataset for filtering (slice, clip etc.) Does Paraview use a proper data interpolation method (and if so which) to compute values between the control layers or is it merely a graphical interpolation?

Essentially I have 11 layers which have computed values, with depths in the range 4 0 to 400 km.

Hopefully someone can clarify this point.

Lester