[Paraview] Memory leak in Paraview 3.6.1(?)

Olumide 50295 at web.de
Sat Jan 9 09:17:06 EST 2010

Hi -

My typical work-flow involves generating a batch of VTK files, for which
I also generate a python script for the VTK files.

In preparation for the next simulation, I clear Paraview with the
disconnect icon. My experience with Paraview 3.6.1 in this scenario is
that, the memory consumption steadily grows, even though no objects
currently loaded/displayed.

Is there a way to configure Paraview so that it releases memory in the
same way Firefox can be configured to use less memory (see for example
http://windhair1000.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-fix-firefox-memory-leak.html
-- BTW, I recently made these changed to my FF config, and it made a
massive difference).

Thanks,

- Olumide