[Paraview] Filter pulldown menu grayed out

rasm1 at rasmsys.com rasm1 at rasmsys.com
Fri Jan 8 21:42:30 EST 2010

Hello,

I am testing a build of Paraview 3.6.2  on Mac OS X 10.6 Cocoa.  I am
using Qt 4.5.3, and built for the x86_64 architecture.  After much
trial and error, I got a .app package built, with my own filters
installed in the Plugins folder of the .app.  That was pretty exciting.

The app runs, but after the first filter is chosen from the Filters
menu, the Filters menu becomes grayed-out and filters are no longer
accessible.  The first filter always loads and does what it is
supposed to do.  This applies to any Filter, my own or one from the
standard distribution.

Further, if I delete the items in the pipeline, and load a new source
or from a new reader, the Filters menu continues to be grayed out.  It
basically lets me choose one filter per session.

Is this me being bone-headed, or has anyone else encountered something
like this?  If I must, I will revert to a build for Carbon and i386.
Hopefully I've learned enough from the past five weeks of
trial-and-error the downgrade wouldn't be too difficult.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Erik