[Paraview] base proxy shows up in filters and sources menu and causes segfault

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 21:08:01 EST 2010

After a recent cvs update I have noticed that base proxies for my server
manager xml show up in the filters and sources menus clicking on them
causes immediate segfault. These shouldn't show up in the menus, its a
recent thing.

For example I have

    <ServerManagerConfiguration>
    <ProxyGroup name="sources">

    <Proxy name="SourceUI">
    </Proxy>

    <SourceProxy
        name="Source1"
        class="vtkSource1"
        label="Reader 1"
        base_proxyname="SourceUI"
        base_proxygroup="sources">
    </SourceProxy>

    <SourceProxy
        name="Source2"
        class="vtkSource2"
        label="Reader 2"
        base_proxyname="SourceUI"
        base_proxygroup="sources">
    </SourceProxy>

    </ServerManagerConfiguration>
    </ProxyGroup name>

in the sources menu I'll see menu items for SourceUI, Source1,  and
Source2.

I don't think the SourceUI should be showing up in the menu items. I
think it's a bug can anyone confirm?

It looks like PV is now scanning the server manager xml to get the
menuitems because I haven't in my client xml named the base proxy
anywhere. If that's the case it should probably skip making menu items
for the base proxies. It also looks like there is a lot of changes going
into the client and server manager xml files, is there any documentation
on this as of yet?