[Paraview] Why 2 CMakeLists files ?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 09:03:47 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:01 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Fred Fred <stan1313 at hotmail.fr> wrote:
>> On this page:
>> http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Paraview_Make_building_Paraview_plugin_optional
>> 2 CMakeLists.txt files appear, is it a mistake? should one of them be a link
>> on the other one? what else?
>>

> Having never made a paraview filter but made hundreds of
> CMakeLists.txt files it looks to me this is about organizing the code.
> In my projects I have a CMakeLists.txt file for every subdirectory in
> the source code. You do not have to do this that way its a matter of
> preference and in my opinion makes the build system more manageable.
>
> John

Yep, John got it exactly. You'll notice that one of them is:
MyFilter/CMakeLists.txt

and the other:
MyFilter/plugin/CMakeLists.txt

The idea of this page was to demonstrate how to optionally build a subdirectory:

SET(BUILD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN OFF CACHE BOOL "Build Paraview plugin?")

if(BUILD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN)
 SUBDIRS(plugin)
endif(BUILD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN)

Thanks,