[Paraview] About running ParaView and Pvserver on a workstation

bassaidai bassaidai0 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 04:20:49 EST 2010

Hi all,
if we have a workstation with N processor (on wich we run paraview and
pvserver in two separate shells) must we run pvserver in parallel on a
number of processors strictly smaller than N?
For example, if we have N=4 and in the first shell we run ParaView (with
"paraview"), in the other shell can we use maximum 3 processors (with
"mpirun -np 3 pvserver") or can we use all processors (with "mpirun -np 4
pvserver")?

Thank you very much