[Paraview] ParaView HDF5 migration to VTK

Dave Partyka dave.partyka at kitware.com
Mon Dec 20 15:54:50 EST 2010

Dear Developers,

I have just merged commits to VTK and ParaView that move ParaView's HDF5
into VTK. This migration makes it possible for VTK developers to begin using
HDF5 storage in their own VTK classes and will also allow us to enable HDF5
functionality in other Utilities (such as HDF5 enabled NetCDF). HDF5 is
located under Utilities/vtkhdf5. This version of HDF5 is the same that was
in ParaView (1.8.5) but now is also mangled with vtk as a prefix.

I strongly recommend that ParaView developers do a clean build after pulling
these changes to reduce the likelihood of build failures. We will be
watching the dashboard carefully for the next few days. If anyone
experiences any issues please feel free to let us know and/or report a bug.

Thanks and happy VTK/ParaView-ing!