[Paraview] Re : RE How to create a c++ plugin using 2 filters (cell data to point data + streamtracer) ?

R M mlokida at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 9 11:54:14 EST 2010

It 's working :)

Thanks a lot !

________________________________
De : Stephane PLOIX <stephane.ploix at edf.fr>
À : mlokida at yahoo.fr
Cc : paraview at paraview.org
Envoyé le : Jeu 9 décembre 2010, 16h 11min 04s
Objet : RE [Paraview] How to create a c++ plugin using 2 filters (cell data to
point data + streamtracer) ?

Hi,

You should try to update to a recent master, the notion of pre-filtering has
been added to do just what you need.

You can now create streamlines from cell-centered data, a cell to point
interpolation is done for you.

You can control this by activating the "Auto convert property" from the settings
menu.

Stephane

Stephane PLOIX
Pilote Opérationnel - Visualisation scientifique
EDF - R&D
SINETICS
1, Av du Général de Gaulle
92140 Clamart

stephane.ploix at edf.fr
Tél. : +33 (0) 1 47 65 51 10
   Un geste simple pour l'environnement, n'imprimez ce message que si vous en
avez l'utilité.

mlokida at yahoo.fr
Envoyé par : paraview-bounces at paraview.org
09/12/2010 15:42  A paraview at paraview.org
cc

Objet [Paraview] How to create a c++ plugin using 2 filters (cell data to
 point data + streamtracer) ?

Hi,

I have some data that have velocities at cells data. I can use the
CellDataToPointData filter and then apply the streamTracer filter.
But, I would like to have juste one filter doing this operation. From this
filter, I would like to find in its GUI the same parameters as in StreamTracer
and also select the vectors I want to display.
With the create custom filter it doesn't work because vectors combo box is
empty. It is normals because CellDataToPointData has not been executed so
streamTracer can't know that is has some vectors to add in the combo box.

So I write a C++ plugin that inherits from vtkStreamTracer but it is quite
complicated. In fact, I have the same problem: the vectors are not displayed in
the combo box.

The input vector informations  parameters in RequestData has a
vtkMultiBlockDataSet that contains geometries and velocities at cells data and
the source for the streamtracer.
the output contains the vtkPolyData that will be generated by the streamTracer.

So, I have to call RequestData 's CellDataToPointData for each block (for that I
create a new request, a new input vector and a new output vector). Then I create
a new multiblockDataSet that contains geometry and velocities at point data.
 Then, I want to call RequestData 's StreamTracer but, it has no selected
Vectors (velocity) on which doing the operation.

So where should I do the CellDataToPointData operation in my plugin in order to
be sure that streamTracer can have a exposed vectors in the GUI.

I have tried in RequestDataObject (REQUEST_DATA_OBJECT request) but it doesn't
work.

Any idea how to implement such a plugin ?

Thank you.