[Paraview] No TimeSteps attribute for XdmfReader in pv 3.8.0 on mac os x 10.6

Ido Akkerman idoakkerman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 15:58:24 EST 2010

Hello paraviewers,

I have a xmf with a time dependent solution. I am able to read in the solution
extract the pressure at a specific point (script is posted below).
However, I only get  the pressure for the first time step.

According to the online manuel,
http://paraview.org/OnlineHelpCurrent/XdmfReader.html
there should be a member TimeStep.  However, this options seems to be missing in the version I am using,
paraview 3.8.0 on mac os x 10.6.

TimestepValues is listed and gives the anticipated result.

 Am I  doing  something wrong, or is this a bug? Is there an easy work around ?
My current work around is to produce a xmf file for each time step. Which works but seems a bit clumsy.

Ido

Scritp:

from paraview import servermanager
from paraview.simple import *

if not paraview.servermanager.ActiveConnection:
	connection = paraview.servermanager.Connect()

reader = servermanager.sources.XdmfReader(FileName="data.xmf")
reader.UpdatePipeline()
point = PointSource(Center=[2.3955,0.5,0.021],NumberOfPoints=1)
probe = ProbePoint(Input=reader,Source=point)

probe.UpdatePipeline()
fp = servermanager.Fetch(probe)
pdata= fp.GetPointData()
pressure = pdata.GetArray("p").GetTuple1(0)

print pressure