[Paraview] Paraview's HDF5 upgraded to 1.8.5

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Aug 25 10:06:16 EDT 2010

    So the basics would be if you build HDF5 with "i386;x86_64" as the
archs to build then use the "arch -arch [i386|x86_64] SomeProgram/That/
Creates/HDF5/Files" and you should crash out pretty quickly when it is
trying to initialize the HDF5 library. If you build the HDF5 project
and one of the example hdf5 programs like "h5_group" the error will
happen. It is very repeatable. There is a long private discussion
going on currently with the HDF5 developers to try and figure out a
way forward.
    I just committed some CMake code to the HDF5 SVN Cmake branch to
basically throw a CMake FATAL_ERROR if more than 1 OS X arch is
detected during the CMake process.
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio