[Paraview] ensight and parallel paraview

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Fri Aug 6 16:53:51 EDT 2010

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, Robert Maynard wrote:

> Hi Ricardo,
>
> The behavior you are seeing inside ParaView is intended. The EnSight reader
> in ParaView partitions each file across all nodes so that the server is
> always load balanced.

I understand that... but if you load the same field in just one file...
paraview partions it like just I did for the files originally (so the
proper load balance was already achieved)

So, I would conclude that unless you want to isolate some part of the flow
just
use the whole files and let paraview do the rest

thx!

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD candidate @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt

  Keep them Flying! Ajude a/help Aero Fénix!

  http://www.aeronauta.com/aero.fenix

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreis/

                            < sent with alpine 2.00 >