[Paraview] Orbiting camera

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Aug 5 18:25:04 EDT 2010

I agree that this is stupid behavior and should be considered a bug.  To demonstrate more specifically, do the following:

 1.  Create a Superquadric source.  Apply.
 2.  Click the +Y camera view button.
 3.  Open the Animation View.
 4.  Create a Camera Orbit track.  Accept the default values.
 5.  Play the animation.

Notice that the animation begins and ends with the camera facing down the X axis rather than the Y axis where we initiated the orbit track.  It is logical to expect the animation to begin and end at the camera position at the time of creating the track.

Should I add a bug?

-Ken

On 8/5/10 2:54 PM, "David Doria" <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 7:38 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I add a camera (orbit) to the animation view, it seems to pick an
> orientation (not the current view) and then orbits around and returns
> to the same point. Is there a way to make it start the orbit at the
> current view?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Any thoughts on this?