[Paraview] PV3.8.0 RC1 LIC and VisIt plugins

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Fri Apr 16 11:25:57 EDT 2010

Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Here are the steps I followed:
> * Load the "SurfaceLIC" plugin
> * Open disk_out_ref.ex2 from ParaView Data. Load all variables
> (essential to have vectors)
> * Apply Contour Filter to create some surfaces
> * Next, from the representation type combo-box simply select "Surface LIC"
>
> Attached is a state file. You'll have to change all references to
> disk_out_ref.ex2 to match the location of the file on your machine.
> Also, load the state only after the plugin has been loaded other you
> will get errors.
>
> Utkarsh

Utkarsh.

Thank you for the info and the PVSM file.
I have checked the autoload checkbox for VisIt plugin and SurfaceLIC
plugin. Both are loaded when I start PV. Trying the steps you followed
gives this error when I select "Surface Lic".

> ERROR: In
> /home/kitware/Dashboard/MyTests/ParaView-3-8/ParaView-3.8/ParaView3/VTK/Rendering/vtkFrameBufferObject.cxx,
> line 237
>
> vtkFrameBufferObject (0x1fa4dff0): Frame buffer object was not
> initialized correctly.
Same thing when using your PVSM file.

In addition, the 3D windows seems frozen and PV crashes (not each time)
when I try to change "SurfaceLIC" for "Surface" or something else.

I will perform other tests with the Windows version on next week.

Richard

--
 Richard GRENON
 ONERA